This weekend we were blessed with amazing weather. It was 80 degrees at our house! We were restless on Friday night so we took Hana swimming at the community pool. This was the same pool where she had her swim classes, where she fussed and whined every time she had to get in the water. I don't know what changed her opinion about the pool but this time she LOVED getting in. She kept walking down the ramp until the water got deeper and deeper, testing how far she could go.
I attended a lovely baby shower on Saturday and the plan was to hit the beach when I got home. I called to let Kevin know I was on the way home. He was acting suspicious and told me that we should go to the beach the next day. 80 degrees and no beach trip?!
I got home and found Kevin lounging and Hana splashing in a kiddie pool that Kevin bought while I was out. Hana was so excited about her pool and it was nice to enjoy the sun without having to leave the house. Kevin mentioned that he saw a bunch of Japanese tourists loading up on the beach toys at Rite-Aid. Our town becomes quite the hotspot when it's hot out!
The kiddie pool might be put to use maybe another time or two this year but we still got our money's worth because the joy it brought to Hana was priceless! I'd never seen her so excited.
She finally stopped playing long enough for us to get a good picture of her. Yes, Hana had a swimsuit change. Grandma bought a new one in Australia for Hana's birthday and it was a perfect opportunity for Hana to try it on. (Confession-Hana's birthday isn't for 2 more weeks but we opened the gift from Grandma the day it arrived!)
Wednesday, April 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
How fun! I love those big, blue eyes.
swimming! yay!
Post a Comment