My grandma passed away on Friday. Hana has spent a lot of time with her this year and the last time that she saw her was on Thursday. We didn't know what to tell Hana. My mother simply told her that Grandma went bye-bye and that's all we decided to say. Hana responded, matter of factly, "Grandma went to Heaven". And later, "Grandma went to Heaven. She's going to miss Hana" We've never explained death or Heaven to Hana so it was surprising, but very comforting, to hear these words come out of her mouth.
Many people don't get to spend a lot of time with their grandparents but I was blessed to have spent so many Saturdays, summers and holidays with Grandma. I will miss Grandma a lot but I have a lifetime of wonderful memories to share with Hana and Alaina.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I'm sorry, Jenn. I'm glad you had a good relationship with her and that she and Hana had each other for the time they did.
best grandma picture ever!
Post a Comment