Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Back to Work

I've been back at work a few days now. The picture below is the one I've set as my computer background so I can glance at the girls* when I miss them. Because we are going through layoffs at work, I haven't yet brought in actual framed pictures of the girls because I don't want to get too cozy.....just in case. So far, it's been an easy transition back to work. Of course, I'd prefer to be home with the girls but part of my duties as a mother is to make sure that the girls are provided for in every way. It really, really helps that my mother watches them and the bond that the girls have with her is amazing. If going back to work after 22 weeks wasn't hard enough, the girls and I ended up getting sick. I wanted to take them somewhere fun on my last day of maternity leave but we were all under the weather. Below is a picture of Alaina, cheeks pink with fever, on the morning I went back. Fever, body aches, sore throat and all, I was mustering up the strength to go to work and as I was saying bye to the girls, Hana was crying & coughing and Alaina had a really high fever and was vomiting.....sigh.
Luckily, we are all tough chicks! We are starting to feel better and we're getting used to our new routine. The picture below was taken right before the girls started getting sick again.
Boppy time! Sometimes Hana likes to copy what Alaina is doing. This picture was taken at the end off my first day back to work. Alaina looks pretty good for spending a whole day without her mommy for the first time!
*I know, I use the phrase 'the girls' a lot but I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor babies and poor momma!

They look great, growing, growing.

Hope work's going well for you and that you do keep your job.

Amy said...

Your girls are so sweet. I know you must miss them terribly during the day. I am on countdown until spring break and then summer!