Thursday, November 15, 2007

Girls' Day!

I had the day off today and cannot explain how excited I was about the opportunity to spend some one-on-one time with Hana. We usually get 1/2 to 1 hour alone together every night before Dada gets home but that time is spent in the kitchen making dinner. I am glad she enjoys watching me cook! I had taken some 'self portraits' of us together this morning but Kevin convinced me NOT to include them. Apparently, the sight of me 'looking like I just woke up' was something that Kevin did not want anyone to see (for my sake, he claims!)I will admit that I vainly put on make-up and changed from my 'Mr. Pickles Sandwich Shop' T-shirt to something more fashionable before Hana and I headed to the park.
I had to take the picture above because for once she was not moving! By the way, I must mention that I LOVE the town we live in and don't ever want to leave. It's too bad that the beaches were closed due to the oil spill or that would've been our next stop.
After our trip to the park, I took her to McDonald's for lunch. I almost felt guilty for taking her out for fast food but juice, apple slices, chicken nuggets and the french fry she stole from me can't be too bad. She definitely loves her condiments, just like Mama! She was so well behaved and quietly enjoyed her meal. Why can't she do that when we go out to restaurants?!

It was a wonderful day and the best part is that we get to do it all again tomorrow!










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so cute - looks like you had a great day!! Jenn

Dan & Hillary said...

We go to McD's on roadtrips and Russell loves their playlands- who could blame him? Last week Dan taught R to dip his grilled cheese sandwich in ketchup. Hmm. Poor mom!

Anonymous said...

These days are precious! Keeps things in perspective. When #2 comes along, you still have to take her on one-on-one dates!