Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snow Trip

We spent this past weekend in Tahoe with our friends Mike and Marie. We decided to drive up a night earlier while the girls were sleeping and stayed at the Cal Neva Resort. I've been going to Tahoe a few times a year ever since I was a kid and it is still one of my favorite places ever.
This was the view from our room. The first time we took Hana to the snow was a couple of years ago when she was too young to play. It snowed quite a bit on Sunday and Hana loved playing in it. She also loved wearing my boots and maneuvered in them quite well. We rented the same cabin we stayed in in 2007. It was just as modern & luxurious as we remembered. But now that we are 4 adults and 2 kids, we've outgrown this cozy two bedroom cabin and will need a bigger place next year.
Little Alaina had a great time as well though I didn't take her outside for very long.
She is totally smiling in this picture.
This is the front deck of our cabin. I can't believe it snowed so much on Sunday but didn't snow at all when we drove home on Monday, which was perfect. One of the highlights of my weekend was hanging out with Marie in this Jacuzzi, catching up on our girl talk and staying up way too late!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Take us there!!! What a fun and relaxing time.....and so beautiful!