I LOVE spending time in the kitchen. I am not a gourmet cook but I think I do a great job of making healthy & yummy meals for the family. Like anything else, it takes a lot of practice and I've come a long way since my newlywed days! For me, it isn't really the eating part that I enjoy but it's more about coming together at the table and being together as a family. These days, preparing the meal and washing dishes afterward far exceeds the amount of time that we actually spend eating together but dinnertime will always be my favorite time of the day.
My mother didn't necessarily teach me how to cook but I watched her make delicious meals for us everyday growing up and wanted to do the same for my own family. A lot of the women I know that don't cook or hate to do it have told me that their mothers don't cook either. I hope that my girls will watch me in the kitchen, help out and one day, value dinnertime as much as we do in our home. As much as Alaina can get in the way while I am cooking, I love having her around. And Hana is getting old enough to help me with simple tasks and I love seeing how proud she is to help.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
you ARE becoming quite the June Clever! :o)
Mealtimes are very important! There's nothing like coming together as a family and sharing the day. The girls are so, so cute.
Your precious Hana is beautiful....and Ms Alaina looks like she is a lot of fun and that she probably keeps you very busy!!
Post a Comment