Monday, October 05, 2009

Countdown to One!

Hard to believe that Alaina will be 1 in a few short days! I will confess that it hasn't been the easiest year.
Hana was such an easy baby, mostly due to her amazing sleeping habits, but Alaina was a bit more difficult. She cried more, slept less, is more stubborn but I love this little girl so much and will admit to babying her more than I did to Hana.
I've heard that the transition from 2 children to 3 children is easier than going from 1 to 2 but am not sure if we are going to test that theory!!

A summary of Alaina's milestones:
Solid foods - 4 months
Sitting/rolling over - 5 months
Chicken pox - 6 months
Crawling - 7 months
First word (mama!) - 9 months
Whole milk - 9 months
Sleeping through the night - 9 months
First tooth - 9.5 months
First step - 10 months
First #2 in the potty - 10 months
Officially walking - 10.5 months

(The picture in this post shows when we discovered at 11 months that Alaina is not allergic to nuts. Not surprisingly, she hijacked Hana's snack bag of nuts, spilled them all over the couch and gave them a try.)


No comments: