Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Spring Beach Visit

What a perfect Friday we had! The morning started with a Grasshoppers birthday party playgroup. The Grasshoppers are Hana's playgroup and the hosting family lives up the street. After much rain and dreariness, we had sunshine and warmth and wanted to make the most of it! I was very excited when Kevin came in the door a few hours earlier than expected. We quickly packed up our things and headed down to the beach. Our swimsuits hadn't been worn in a while but luckily they still fit!
Although cleaning them up is not fun, I love letting the girls get as messy as they want in the sand.
We ventured toward water. Hana loves to frolick in the waves but Alaina doesn't yet! The day before, we witnessed a Coast Guard search at this same beach and it was an opportunity to teach Hana to respect the ocean and never go near the water without us.
As I sat on my chair in the sand, soaking up the sun and watching the waves....it almost felt like we were on a great vacation though we were only minutes from home.

No comments: