We were so looking forward to our first international/resort vacation as a family of four! It was quite a busy summer, mostly because it seemed like Kevin was travelling for work every other week. I spent a weekend alone in San Diego with my BFF (an awesome surprise anniversary gift from Kevin!). The day after I got back, Kevin left for TX and didn't return for 6 days. We left for our amazing Cabo vacation 2 days after that and Kevin left again 2 days after we returned. Things are a bit more stressful when Kevin is away and having to pack didn't help things. I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when I woke up on 'travel day' with a sore throat, body aches, a headache, and worse.
Our plane ride was calamitous. Travelling with young children is crazy, travelling while sick is miserable. Add the two together and you get a crazy, miserable plane ride! Luckily it was pretty short and the 45 minute scenic ride to our resort was enjoyed in a private, air-conditioned Suburban with a very likable driver.
So yes, I was completely sick up until our last night and the poor girls got sick early in the trip as well. I felt so bad for them and we didn't get to do as much as we wanted. However, if one has to be sick, much better to spend it at an amazing resort than our foggy home!
While we didn't do as much as we wanted, we had some great times together as a family. Like this great photo op of us holding iguanas. In total sucker tourist move, we paid the owners of these lovely green iguanas about $10, even though they involuntarily popped these creatures on us ;)
Through this trip, we learned that Alaina is an absolute fish! The girl has never taken any swimming/water classes but was soo comfortable in the pools...almost too comfortable. She just loved splashing around & jumping in and even held her breath when she went under water. Put a set of floaties on her arms and she will happily jump in and bob around forever.
Hana however did not enjoy swimming as much as we thought. I am sure a lot of it had to do with how sick she was but she is also our girlie-girl. By the end of the week, we sent her off to Kids Club and she loved that best of all. On a side note, Kids Club is awesome and dropping her off there and being responsible for only Alaina at the pool made things much easier. Though being sick made things a little rough for me & the girls, we still had an amazing time and I wish I could relive that week, exactly as it was!
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment