Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Sharpie Fiasco

On Sunday, we had a friend over. I was talking to him in Kevin's office while Kevin was on the phone in our bedroom. My kids are the most mischievous when we are occupied. Kevin came into the office and told us "You need to look what Alaina got into NOW!" We ran to the living room and this is what we saw. It was absolutely hilarious and we were trying so hard not to laugh. Alaina snuck a purple Sharpie from Kevin's work bag and Hana thought that she would make Alaina more stylish by drawing all over her. Judging by how proud she was of her markings, Alaina thought she was so cute!
The not so funny part is that Alaina did a number on our house with that marker in such a short amount of time. She scribbled all over both couches, the coffee table, and the carpet. My poor carpet! Kevin & I are pretty particular about keeping the carpet clean and even the littlest of stains annoy us. I immediately called the local carpet cleaner that has handled emergency stains for us in the past (and was surprised he actually answered on a Sunday at 8 pm!). Once he heard 'permanent marker', I could tell there was nothing his carpet cleaning magic could do for us.

We used some rubbing alcohol & other methods and got a lot of the ink out but still have a bunch of noticeable scribbles on our carpet. I am kind of getting used to it but when it starts to bother me, I just think of that first picture of Alaina and can't help but laugh all over again!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh My Stars! I had read your FB post about the sharpie fiasco but have just tuned in to the blog! Oh My Stars!!!! A little saying we say in Kindergarten!