Wow Alaina is two years old! I still remember Hana turning two. I really feel like the 2nd kid ages way faster than the first. I thought of Alaina as a 1 yr old for so long and then it hit me so suddenly that she is actually two. Which also means breaking her of such habits like bottles at nap/bedtime and her pacifier (and before you judge me, I want to point out that she doesn't wear diapers during the day - a clear sign of which battles I've picked!)
We enjoyed a late lunch/early dinner at Half Moon Bay Brewery the day before Alaina's actual birthday and ordered the girls sundaes. Alaina was SO embarrassed when we started to sing 'Happy Birthday' to her and told us to stop. But did we? Nope, I am an annoying mom and made us sing it again just to see her embarrassed, annoyed reactions!
Her actual 2nd birthday was 10.10.10!! How very cool. Like Kevin, she has a birthday where her birth month and day are the same. He turned 26 on 04.04.04 but I don't remember thinking of the significance but do remember that we celebrated in Tahoe which was fun. We learned that the parish nurse at my church shares the same birthday as Alaina. She had a birthday luncheon after church to celebrate her 65th birthday and we joined in and shared that it was Alaina's birthday too. How very special!
I opted not to throw Alaina a birthday party but instead we had my parents and one of my brothers over for a delicious meal that I cooked and served on my fine china (that I still love!) I served corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and some amazing roasted rib-eyes that were cooked to perfection. Hana & Alaina absolutely love some good steak!
And then we ended the feast with our favorite cake, the Derby cake from Mazetti's Bakery. Vanilla and chocolate cake with banana and strawberry in the middle and covered in real whipped cream. I don't eat sweets but know that this cake is just perfect.
While digesting our amazing meal and delicious cake, we asked Alaina how old she was and she held up two fingers while we joined in.
Happy Birthday gorgeous girl!!



1 comment:
I love the family pic and you make me laugh about your 'don't judge me...pick my battles' statement. So aptly stated..I am going to have to use that one myself.:)
Post a Comment