Friday, October 22, 2010

Indian Summer

We have had some amazing weather this month and what better place to spend it than at the beach?! Our beach days have been SO much fun. We made friends with another family that loves the beach as much as we do and have enjoyed a handful of beach days in just two weeks. They are the best days ever! We start off with Hana and Ava riding their bikes on the paths while Alaina and Travis roll around in the wagon. That is followed up with hours of wave chasing & sand playing.
The BEST part is that these kids get along perfectly! How often do you get a 1 yr, 2yr, 3yr and 4 yr old together with zero conflict? Makes for a very relaxing playdate for the parents too.
During one visit, I lost Alaina about 30 seconds after I let her out of the car. Really, she was nowhere to be found. Finally I saw her way down the path with a woman holding her hand to bring her back to me. The woman said Alaina was running soo fast. Scary! So here Hana & Ava are making sure Alaina doesn't get away again!
Picnic at the beach! Today, it has been super dreary and raining. Almost had to believe that this picture was taken a short week ago when it was 85 degrees and beautiful out! Our amazing beach days completely make up for the cool foggy ones!

1 comment:

Dan & Hillary said...

Sun + beach= memories:-) I love the beach as a play-yard!