So we have been living in our house for a year and a half and have wished for a green back lawn for Hana ever since. The lawn was pretty unlevel and the grass was dry and weed infested. The only fix seemed to be to tear up the yard and plant new grass. Well Saturday was the day that Kevin decided to finally take action. This is our biggest home improvement project so far. He rented a tiller from Home Depot and got started.
It was a lot more work than he anticipated. The dirt was pretty hard so he broke it up with a pick before attacking with the tiller. I tried a little pick action myself and it was too strenuous. So I helped by watering the yard to make it easier to till and by pulling out chunks of grass. Kevin had only rented the tiller for four hours and we had friends coming over for dinner so we were also under a time crunch. It probably would have been wise to devise a plan of action but we like to be impulsive sometimes.
Hana was probably wondering what was happening to her yard that she loves so much but she enjoyed playing in the dirt and mud.
So Kevin was able to till most of the yard and went to Home Depot to return the tiller while I gave Hana an emergency bath before she started putting too many muddy handprints on our walls. Home Depot is only 10 minutes away yet Kevin took a suspiciously long time coming home. I was starting to worry but he showed up almost an hour later. He was acting strange and took Hana in his office to work on a 'special project'. Because I know him so well, I guessed that he bought Hana a wagon and sure enough, I was right. He was smart enough to sneak it in the house and start building it so it was too late to return it when I found out!
He's been wanting to get Hana a wagon for months now but I've been running out of places to put all the things she already has. To make it worse, he got her the Hummer of all wagons. Yes ATW=All Terrain Wagon with monster wheels. Hana and I could seriously ride in this together if I wanted. I am a bit embarassed by it when we take her around the neighborhood because it seems so excessive. Well if grass never grows in our yard again, at least we'll have a place to take Hana off-roading in her new ride!
It was a lot more work than he anticipated. The dirt was pretty hard so he broke it up with a pick before attacking with the tiller. I tried a little pick action myself and it was too strenuous. So I helped by watering the yard to make it easier to till and by pulling out chunks of grass. Kevin had only rented the tiller for four hours and we had friends coming over for dinner so we were also under a time crunch. It probably would have been wise to devise a plan of action but we like to be impulsive sometimes.
Hana was probably wondering what was happening to her yard that she loves so much but she enjoyed playing in the dirt and mud.
So Kevin was able to till most of the yard and went to Home Depot to return the tiller while I gave Hana an emergency bath before she started putting too many muddy handprints on our walls. Home Depot is only 10 minutes away yet Kevin took a suspiciously long time coming home. I was starting to worry but he showed up almost an hour later. He was acting strange and took Hana in his office to work on a 'special project'. Because I know him so well, I guessed that he bought Hana a wagon and sure enough, I was right. He was smart enough to sneak it in the house and start building it so it was too late to return it when I found out!
He's been wanting to get Hana a wagon for months now but I've been running out of places to put all the things she already has. To make it worse, he got her the Hummer of all wagons. Yes ATW=All Terrain Wagon with monster wheels. Hana and I could seriously ride in this together if I wanted. I am a bit embarassed by it when we take her around the neighborhood because it seems so excessive. Well if grass never grows in our yard again, at least we'll have a place to take Hana off-roading in her new ride!



3 comments:
awesome! another fantastic post. did you find any good worms? the secret X-treme wagon looks like fun! the yard will be so nice when it's done! hopefully, the weather will cooperate throughout the mission. good luck! can't wait to see the final results :o)
Honestly, she is simply adorable! I love how they just have fun doing the silliest things. I love the wagon. Kevin needs to pull you two around!
I remember trying to ride down steep hills in my wagon by myself. San Fransisco terrain would be fun.
You all look so Happy.
Post a Comment