2 weeks, hours of work and hundreds of dollars later, our back lawn is done and we LOVE it!! Kevin has been working almost every night clearing out the old grass, sifting and leveling the dirt. The lawn was finished just in time for Kevin to declare it my birthday present. Not one of my typically gift categories (shoes, purses, jewelry, girl stuff) but I LOVE IT!! It is the same grass that is used at PacBell and Candlestick Park.
Our dreams of Hana running through her lush green yard are now true. I hope my excitement shows because we have been dreaming about this for 1.5 years. (Please don't be alarmed by the photo below. Bubble fluid is non-toxic and she only drank a little bit ;)!)
I am very proud of Kevin for all of his hard work. I must say that I was a bit skeptical about Kevin taking on a project like this alone but I am very impressed.
I did help a little.
Yes, we were going to plant grass but we are not that patient nor were we confident that it would work. Instead we bought sod. Kevin was ready to shell out $1.86 a square foot at Home Depot but I am an avid bargain hunter and knew a better deal could be found. I found a nursery in San Mateo that sold even nicer sod than Home Depot had for only $0.49 a square foot-woo hoo!!
This is 75 rolls of sod, weighing in at about 40 lbs a roll, that needed to be transferred to our back yard. Hana's wagon definitely came in handy!!
Our dreams of Hana running through her lush green yard are now true. I hope my excitement shows because we have been dreaming about this for 1.5 years. (Please don't be alarmed by the photo below. Bubble fluid is non-toxic and she only drank a little bit ;)!)
I am very proud of Kevin for all of his hard work. I must say that I was a bit skeptical about Kevin taking on a project like this alone but I am very impressed.
I did help a little.
Yes, we were going to plant grass but we are not that patient nor were we confident that it would work. Instead we bought sod. Kevin was ready to shell out $1.86 a square foot at Home Depot but I am an avid bargain hunter and knew a better deal could be found. I found a nursery in San Mateo that sold even nicer sod than Home Depot had for only $0.49 a square foot-woo hoo!!
This is 75 rolls of sod, weighing in at about 40 lbs a roll, that needed to be transferred to our back yard. Hana's wagon definitely came in handy!! 


3 comments:
It looks great!! Impressive! I bet Hana is loving running around...Jenn
Your yard looks wonderful. I know you will ALL enjoy it. Great job Kevin!
it's so pretty! it looks great to run around and roll around in :o) nice work!! good goin with the bargain shopping - Jenn's a pro! that bubble drink was a little alarming... maybe we should get her hooked on boba!
Post a Comment