Kevin and I have had a few passionate discussions about Halloween and whether we'd let Hana particpate. We decided that while we do not like the connotations of Halloween, we realize that it is somewhat of an American tradition and don't mind Hana participating. But we have agreed that any costume that leaves our home will not be 'scary' or 'evil' at all. Yes, Hana can look forward to a lifetime of animal or Disney Princess costumes.
As our Saturday excursion, we decided to visit our local pumpkin patch and let Hana pick out a pumpkin. And to her embarassment, I decided to dress her in her costume. Sure, no other child at the pumpkin patch was in costume but I assumed it was because their mothers were not as gung-ho and well-planned as I was! Hana is very lucky that she will not remember these embarassing things that I made her do in her youth ;)! But she does love attention and our little kanga got plenty of it!
We forced Hana to pose on 'the great pumkpin' and she barely obliged. She was way more interested in the big kids on the bouncy slide. I picked out a cute little pumpkin and we headed home though Hana could've played there forever.

Sunday, October 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
OMG, MOM!! How fully embarrassing!! VERY cute costume, though!! :o)
We love the cute costume! I think you did great;-)
Post a Comment