For the past two years, my work 'Christmas party' has actually been a luncheon during the workday and we didn't bring guests. Kevin was so surprised this year when I told him that he could be my 'Plus One'. Of course, since I work in HR, I had to work the party and my role was to take the Polaroid 'prom-style' pictures of all the attendees. And in true bebe fashion, no day is drama free! We ended up with defective rolls of Polaroid film and people were complaining when their pics turned up black. Polaroid cameras have evolved a lot since I last used them (circa 1998?) so I was quite thankful for Kevin's help. We were able to install new film cartridges and recreate the precious moments for almost everyone.
Finally, I was able to quit 'working' and enjoy the party. Kevin and I rarely get nights out alone without Hana so we try to make the most of it.
Call us cheesy but we will pull out the super cool dance moves when the situation calls for it!!
My parents generously watched Hana and were completely fine with her spending the night. Kevin & I could have extended our night out but we decided that we'd rather put Hana to bed and order pizza than go the whole evening out without seeing her.
We're so in love with her!!
We picked her up and let her sit on the couch to 'bounce' (rock back and forth against the sofa). We were almost concerned about 'bouncing' but Hana's doctor told us it was a way of self-soothing. Strange as it looks, we have come to love Hana's 'bouncing' time!
Before we left for the party, my mom put Hana on the phone.
This is how the conversation went:
Me:Hi Hana!
Hana: Hi! Bye Bye!
Harmony: Say 'Hi Mama'
Hana: Hi Mama!
Me: I Love You!
Hana: I luw u!
Me: Be a good girl today!
Hana: Good Girl!!
Me: Bye Hana
Hana: Bye Bye!!
It felt so weird to talk to Hana on the phone because she has never had a conversation like that on the phone before. I guess I am sad that she seems to be growing quicker than I ever imagined. Where's my baby?!!



3 comments:
you guys look great! sounds like a really fun time. Hana is amazing...
How cute! And you guys are pathetic.:) I am just getting to the point where I enjoy being out with Marcus and away from the kids for a while. Only a parent would understand the pull that child has on your heart!
Oh, and you guys look fabulous!
Post a Comment