Saturday, March 07, 2009

'New' Park

There are two parks within walking distance of our house. The closest one was renovated over a year ago and it's great but a little small. Recently, this bigger park has been renovated and it is awesome! Today, we went there for the first time since it reopened and Hana was so excited. This park is in the backyard of my elementary school and I remember getting in trouble so many times because my older brother & I would stop and play rather than come straight home like we were instructed. (Now that I am a mom, I totally understand why we got in trouble!)Now that Alaina is getting older, she can do fun things like ride in the swing. She wasn't used to the sunshine and squinted the whole time. We are still baffled as to how we ended up with such a dark haired daughter and such a light haired daughter!
Alaina seemed to like riding on the slide with me. When this pic was taken, I did not know Hana was on the slide as well. But two seconds later, I definitely felt her crash in to me!
Here is the view from the park. Such a beautiful day. I hope we get a lot more rain to fill the reservoirs but I do love the sunshine, blue skies and puffy clouds!

No comments: