Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Family Reunion in Indiana

Last week, Kevin & Hana went to Indiana for the Scarberry/Norman family reunion. I was unable to attend due to work commitments and while I really missed them, I really enjoyed some one-on-one time with Alaina. We had been telling Hana for weeks that she was going to ride on an airplane and Kevin said she (surprisingly!) behaved perfectly on the plane rides. Kevin didn't take as many pictures as I would've liked and the camera batteries ran out on the first night! My fault for not packing the battery charger though I doubt Kevin would've taken too many more pictures. Here are 3 Norman cousins - Hana, Jaina & Timothy.
Hana loooves swimming and I am sure she had a ton of fun swimming with her aunties!
This is Hana sitting in a rocking chair outside of Cracker Barrel. Not sure what is so great about Cracker Barrel but we have a friend who loves Cracker Barrel and Kevin told him that I don't 'get' the concept! I am thinking rich, calorie-laden food combined with a country store - I get it ;)!!
Here is Timmy, Jaina & Hana at Aunt Shari's house. I hear that Aunt Shari has a ton of toys and a huge yard that backs up into a cornfield and the kids loved playing there!
I wish there were more pictures of the whole family. Kevin & Hana had a great time in Indiana and though we missed them a lot, Alaina & I had fun together even though it was pretty quiet at home.

3 comments:

Dan & Hillary said...

I saw some more pix on FB, and it looked like a lot of fun for the family:-) I don't get the concept of Craker Barrel, either... especially if you're stuck there on Sunday after church and the lines are out the door! I'm too West Coast, I think;-)

Glad the flights went well for Kevin and Hana!

Glenn+Jenn+Owen+Ian said...

I'm with you and Hillary...everyone seems to love Cracker Barrel in the Midwest (I went to college in Indiana)...no thanks. ;-) Yeah, I feel like a food snob.

Glad the reunion was a success...now Kevin needs to do a post on how to do air travel with 3 year olds...we have that coming up in 2 weeks.

Gwong said...

Forgot to mention - my great grandparents last name was Scarberry!!