Friday, October 08, 2010

Big Girl Rooms

We've been trying to figure out for a while what to do about the girls' bed situation. Convert the crib to a full size for Hana and move Alaina to the toddler bed? Buy Hana a twin bed and give Alaina the toddler bed? Bunk beds? Bunk beds -YES! My brother and I had bunk beds when we were kids and there is just something so fun about them. Since the girls share a room, we though it'd be the best use of space. This is what their room looked like before. And here it is now! They are in love with their bunk beds and I am too. Of course, it is a little sad taking out the baby/nursery items but we will store them somewhere just in case :). In this picture below Alaina is saying "My bed!" Hana used to come into our room regularly at night because she would get cold and because our bed is more comfy. Well not anymore! Alaina's doing pretty well for not being in the crib. She has learned though that she can climb out and though we have an alarm (Angelcare Movement sensor that goes off after 15 seconds of no activity), she tries to test us. Bedtime isn't so bad but naptime is rough. Hana cherishes her naptime and gets super annoyed when Alaina sneaks out of bed and climbs up to see her. Since I am overeager, I bought gender neutral nursery decor before I knew if I was having a boy or a girl. It's nice that their room actually looks girly now. Definitely bittersweet to see the baby stuff go but this yet another fun stage of life!
Kevin has a tendency to fall asleep really easily. Now that he fits in their beds, I worry that he'll fall asleep their when putting them to bed!

1 comment:

Dan & Hillary said...

Poor Alaina;-) Always wanting to keep up with big sis. The room looks great! I bet it's nice to have more floor space. The family upstairs from us actually has their two kids in loft beds to save even more floor space!