Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Welcome to the Family

As one of Hana's birthday gifts, we put her on the waiting list for a pet chinchilla. Her chinchilla was born May 29 (exactly a month after her birthday) and we were able to pick her up yesterday. Chinchillas are crepuscular rodents native to the Andes mountains who are hunted to make fur coats because their fur is soo soft. We have yet to come up with a name for her but hopefully we will come up with something perfect and easy for Hana to pronounce. Hana loves her little pet. When I first showed the chinchilla to her she kept saying "woof, woof, woof". Hana says 'woof' whenever she sees dogs and any other animals. She was so excited to have a 'woof' in her own house!
I let Hana run free in the house today while I prepared dinner. I heard silence for a couple of minutes so I went searching for her. I found her squatting down, 'talking' and reaching her arm in the cage, trying to pet the chinchilla-so sweet! Not to worry-the cage was closed when Hana was in there alone with her.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CUTE!!