Monday, July 09, 2007

Family Vacation-Mexican Style

So we have arrived back from our vacation in Cabo. We had a terrific time and most of us arrived back in one piece (more on that later). The resort we stayed at was absolutely amazing and Hana had the time of her life. Below is the very first picture of the trip, taken right after we got to our hotel room. We are a little hot and sweaty but so excited to be there! 3 of the 5 pools had kiddie pools that were shallow enough for Hana to walk around in. So a few people referred to her as 'he' due to my choice of swimwear for Hana but I wanted her to have as much coverage as possible because it is HOT in Cabo.
Going on vacation with the grandparents is the best! We were so thankful for their help and I know they loved having Hana, their little entertainer, around.
Hana is obsessed with flowers and the resort had so many to tempt her. If she had her way, she would've pulled off every flower she saw but we limited her to just a few.

Our terrace overlooked one of the kiddie pools. One of Hana's favorite activities was to look over the edge and 'talk' to the other little kids. I think she looks like such a little lady in this picture.
Yes, Hana was very spoiled on this trip. So spoiled that she started throwing the angriest little tantrums when she wouldn't get her way. But she has been very well behaved after a little discipline ;)
Okay, so I was so worried about Hana's health and safety on this trip. My worst nightmare was having to take her to an ER in Mexico. Well she was completely fine. But someone else had to go to the ER and that was Kevin. Kevin, my brother, and my dad had gone down to town to ride jet skis while us girls stayed behind. An hour later I receive a phonecall "This is Dr. Sanchez at the hospital. Your husband is here in the OR. Please come ASAP." Needless to say, I was completely freaked out and the taxi ride to the hospital was the worst car ride of my life-I was so worried and imagining the worst possible scenarios in my mind. Turns out, Kevin had dislocated his shoulder and torn some ligaments after a hard crash in the ocean. The ocean is very strong down there and the waves break really hard,, as I had warned him several times throughout the trip. They had to put him to sleep and pop his shoulder back in and wouldn't do it until I arrived to pay. But thankfully, he is fine except for a sore shoulder. However, our bank account may not be since they charged us $4,000! Hopefully his health insurance reimburses some of that. So below is a picture of Kevin laying in the hospital, trying to come to from the laughing gas or whatever they gave to put him to sleep. (He was saying the oddest things!) Still traumatized, I just had to take a picture to show Kevin and hope that one day we can laugh at this!
Luckily Kevin's accident happened on the last day of our trip. However, one of the reasons we went to Cabo was to attend the wedding of our good friends Mike and Marie. We were out with the wedding guests the night before and all was fine and then Kevin shows up to the wedding like this. And of course, Kevin had to tell everyone the story and put up with all the jokes-a little embarassing!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My poor big brother. Jenn is right, you have bad luck.:) Hope you are okay. How long to recover? Love all the pictures--it looks like it was a blast.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous blog! Hope Kevin feels better soon.

xoxo

Glenn+Jenn+Owen+Ian said...

Dang...that looks...rough. And $4K? That is brutal, I hope you get some of that back. I am glad you guys are ok though and that it wasn't Hana who had to go! Looks like you had such a fun trip!